Friday, January 27, 2017

Forest Textures

I really like the russets and maroons that I see this time of year. In my classes we've been experimenting with different textures. So, in this piece I decided to use the colors that I see around me with differing textures. For some of the colors I used orange and perylene maroon. I like perylene maroon because it fades to brownish instead of pinkish like permanent rose. It also goes really well with greens and it looks really great in the background. This piece really started working when I added the large tree on the right. I pretty much left the foreground and background alone but added darks in the middleground. The texture in the foreground is interesting to look at and adds to the piece.
"Forest Textures" • watercolor on 100% cotton paper • 11" x 15"
If interested in this piece click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment