Friday, December 12, 2014

A Glow in the Woods

Looking at my backyard, I see the remains of the flowers and greenery left from the summer. It's a little brown with some color of berries showing here and there. Well, all this can go into a painting!!!! I gathered leaves, flowers, ferns and stems and used them to create texture in my art. I got so carried away that I had boards all over my living room with the paint drying!!!!! It was AWESOME!
my backyard, gathered plant materials, what happens with plants worked into the first layer
A Glow in the Woods • Mixed watermedia on Arches 140# cold press paper

The above piece started out with a layer of watercolor paint and acrylic ink and lots of plants. After that dried, I added more paint and texture. It's a VERY richly textured piece. 

So, all those plants leftover from Summer can be a COOL addition to your art!!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment