Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Wing and a Prayer

On Sunday I spent a lot of time covering paper with paint, saran wrap, cheesecloth and leaves from my yard. I used watercolors and acrylic ink and hydrus watercolors. Then I put everything on boards, put more boards on top, emptied my bookshelf of books to use as weights and went bike riding and ate dinner. I uncovered treasures!!!!! Below is the beginning to A Wing and a Prayer. The most awesome thing about working this way is that it really challenges my imagination!
This is how the beginning wash looked when I pulled off all of the texture. It's VERY EXCITING!
The next step in a piece like this is: What do I do with it? How do I preserve the quality of the texture while adding elements to create a painting. It took me awhile to think about that. My finished piece is below.
A Wing and a Prayer • mixed watermedia on Arches 140# cold press paper • 11" x 15"

I'm really pleased with the result! To see the price of this piece click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment