Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Visiting Raven

The process of pouring, spattering, and texturing is endlessly interesting. How the paint blends, what happens to the colors and trying to find the story on the paper when it dries is a very great challenge as well as a privilege. Below are a couple of pieces which have yet to be finished. I've been looking at them for days now, turning them over in my mind, trying to figure out the rest of the story!
The piece below started out somewhat like what you see above. I got the idea to add the bird while I was bike riding! I used a lot of iridescent ink, so everything has a sparkle to it. I really love watching ravens. They play, show off, and are fearless around hawks. They are confident and comfortable in their environment. This piece is titled, "Visiting Raven."
"Visiting Raven" • 5" x 7" on Arches 140# hot press paper
 View purchase information HERE.
©Melissa Gannon 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment