Monday, March 23, 2015

Playground

Today I really wanted to paint the desert. I love the desert mountains.  I imagine the rivers hidden in the canyons, the different plants living in the different climate zones and the views from the ridge lines. I have 2 long narrow canvases which I've been looking at for the past month, trying to figure out exactly what to put on them. I decided in favor of the mountains I've been thinking about and to try a vertical composition instead of a horizontal one. My brother has been sending me photos of ravens, so I incorporated a couple into my mountains. Ravens PLAY. So I made my mountains into their playground. Thanks to Joe Marek for the AWESOME photos of ravens!
"Playground" the finished piece is below. What do you think?
"Playground" • 12" x 36" • original acrylic • Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment